Policy and goals
The Employee Foundation of the VKR Group was established in 1991 to support present and retired employees and their immediate families. The Employee Foundation has three main objectives:
- To support employees and their close families, typically in the event of unforeseen situations or for final education of employees’ children
- To support non-profit activities in the vicinity of VKR Group companies
- To present the Villum Kann Rasmussen Award.
In 2016, 294 donations totalling € 751,752 were made to present or retired employees in need of assistance in distressed circumstances or to their children’s final education or training.
In 2016, 133 donations totalling € 304,936 were made in support of non-profit community projects in the vicinity of the VKR Group’s companies worldwide.
Examples of donations to employees made in 2016:
- Rehabilitation after surgery for employee in Poland
- Assistance in connection with diabetes to employee in Scotland
- Treatment in connection with autism to employee’s child in Spain
- Scholarships in pursuit of educations to become a veterinary surgeon, boilermaker, psychologist, chemical engineer etc.
Examples of local support in 2016:
- Double rowing boat for handicap rowing in the UK
- Materials for workshop for visually impaired people in the Czech Republic
- First aid equipment for voluntary fire brigade in Poland
- Electric piano for music school in Hungary
For more information and case stories go to: http://www.employeefoundation.com/donationer/