- Will I be able to operate my New Generation VELUX INTEGRA® window with the remote control from my old VELUX INTEGRA® window and vice versa?
- Yes, all VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products are based on io‐homecontrol®, so it is possible to use an older VELUX INTEGRA® remote control to operate a New Generation VELUX INTEGRA® roof window. And vice versa
- Will I be able to use the new VELUX INTEGRA® control pad with a VELUX INTEGRA® flat-roof window?
- Yes, all VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products are based on io‐homecontrol®, so it is possible to use both the old VELUX INTEGRA® remote control and the new VELUX INTEGRA® control pad for operating any io-home control-based VELUX INTEGRA® windows.
- What is the operation range of the control pad?
- We have designed our control pads to have a range of 200 metres in the open field. Inside buildings, the range depends on the building construction. It is normally about 20 metres, which should cover the majority of residential houses.
- Can I open the VELUX INTEGRA® window manually?
- Yes − and unlike any other product on the market, our control pad will inform you that the window has been manually opened if you try to operate it electrically.
- Can neighbours or burglars open my VELUX INTEGRA® window?
- Each and every VELUX INTEGRA® roof window features a unique software key that prevents burglars and neighbours from operating your windows − unless they have stolen your control pad. That means that your windows can never be controlled by another VELUX INTEGRA® control pad. In the unlikely event that your control pad is stolen, you can easily change the software key of the window to prevent unauthorised access to the house with the stolen control pad.
- Can the control pad control anything other than the VELUX INTEGRA® window?
- All VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products are based on io‐homecontrol®, so you can add any products from our complete range of electrical products to your VELUX INTEGRA® control pad. In fact, it’s possible to control up to 200 products.
- Are rain sensors included with all VELUX INTEGRA® windows?
- Yes, all VELUX INTEGRA® windows, mains-powered and solar-powered, are equipped with a well-proven rain sensor that comes pre‐fitted and connected in the window.
- How much power does the VELUX INTEGRA® window consume?
- The standby consumption of the VELUX INTEGRA® roof window is max. 0.5 W, so less than 5 kWh/year.
- Can I use VELUX INTEGRA® Active climate control for my New Generation VELUX INTEGRA® products?
- VELUX ACTIVE climate control KRX 100 is based on io-homecontrol® and can control the old VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products as well as the New Generation VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products and other io‐homecontrol® products.VELUX INTEGRA® Active climate control KRX 100 is based on io-homecontrol® and can control the old VELUX INTEGRA® sun screening products as well as the New Generation VELUX INTEGRA® sunscreening products.
- Does VELUX offer an app for smart phone control?
- All VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products are based on io- homecontrol® and therefore, we can refer you to Somfy, a company in the io-homecontrol® association who offers a product called Tahoma that allows control from a smart phone, iPad or a computer.
- Can the control be sensor-based?
All VELUX INTEGRA® windows are equipped with a rain sensor, which will close the window in the event of rain.
For sensor-based control of sunscreening we recommend our VELUX INTEGRA® Active climate control KRX, which is activated by an outdoor temperature sensor and a solar energy sensor. The VELUX INTEGRA® Active system automatically controls sunscreening products depending on temperature and sunlight, thus improving indoor thermal comfort. If you want to make use of some of the many non-VELUX sensors available on the market, our interface KLF 100 will translate their signals to allow for control of VELUX INTEGRA® products.
- How many products can be operated by the VELUX INTEGRA® control pad?
- Each control pad can operate up to 200 products. This should be sufficient for the majority of residential applications.
- I have lost my control pad ‐ can I buy a new one without the window?
- Yes, the control pad is available as a separate product using the ordering code KLR 200 WW.
- What is the lifetime of the batteries in the control panel?
- The batteries can work up to several years, depending on use, the number of products controlled and the number of activations.
- How much does the window open?
- Both the old and the new generation of VELUX INTEGRA® roof windows open 20 cm.
- Do I need an electrician to install my VELUX INTEGRA® window?
- Not necessarily. The window is equipped with a 7.5‐metre mains cable with a standard mains plug, which can be connected to any wall socket. However, customers often want to conceal the cable inside the building structure. In that case, it is important to follow national guidelines and codes − and this will normally involve an electrician.
- I have ordered two VELUX INTEGRA® windows and have received two control pads. Why would I need two?
- The control pads have been designed so that you can mount them on the wall or use them for hand-held operation. Having several control pads brings many benefits. For instance, you can have one control pad available in the room where the electrical products are placed, and another at the entrance of the house, making it possible for you to close all windows in the house at the touch of one button before you leave. The control pads are ideal for central control, so it’s also very convenient to have them placed either at the top or bottom of stairs in the house or even both.
- Can I fix the control pad to the wall?
- Yes, the control pads can easily be fixed to the wall using the screws included. If you want the control pad to be permanently wall-mounted, do not use the magnetic holder, but fix the battery cover directly to the wall.
- Can the control pad be placed on the wall and used also as a hand‐held device?
- The control pad comes with a magnetic bracket that can be fixed to the wall using the screws included. The control pad stays in place in the wall‐mounted bracket thanks to the magnetic holder, and can be removed for hand‐held operation when desired.
- Can I change the wording inside the control panel display?
- Customisation is a key element of the control panel, and it is easy to change the references using a full keyboard, or simply by selecting one of the many pre‐defined names, e.g. bedroom, kitchen, etc. in the control panel.
- How many pre-defined programs are included from the factory?
- There are eight pre‐defined programs in the VELUX INTEGRA® control pad that allow easy and intuitive activation of functions that will improve the indoor climate and make life at home more comfortable. The pre‐defined programs can be changed and refined to match your needs, such as time and calendar settings, and selection or de‐selection of some of the electrical products to be operated in each program. In addition to the pre‐defined programs, you can create your own programs to match your daily routines.
- How do I insert batteries in the control panel?
- Simply remove the back plate, insert 3 standard AA batteries and snap on the back plate again.
- Can I close an open VELUX INTEGRA® window if I have lost the control pad?
If the window is closed, you can open and close it manually. If the window has been opened electrically, there is a small button on the electrical window operator that can close the window if depressed briefly.
- Can the control pad stop all products?
- Simply press the STOP button in the display for more than two seconds, and all products running will stop. Or use the HOME key (the icon showing a small house) in the lower right hand corner; it has the same function as the STOP key.
- Can I use the control pad from a distance, e.g. from my place of work?
We have designed our control pads to have a range of 200 metres in the open field. Inside, the range depends on the building construction. It is normally about 20 metres, which should cover the majority of residential houses.
All VELUX INTEGRA® electrical products are based on io‐homecontrol®, so we refer you to Somfy, a company in the io-homecontrol® association that offers a product called Tahoma, which allows control from a distance via a Smart Phone, an iPad or a computer.