Policy and goals
The Employee Foundation of the VKR Group was established in 1991 to support present and retired employees and their immediate families. The Employee Foundation has three main objectives:
- To support employees and their close families, typically in the event of unforeseen situations or for final education of employees’ children.
- To support non-profit activities in the vicinity of VKR Group companies.
- To present the Villum Kann Rasmussen Award in recognition of outstanding
achievements by VKR Group employees.
- In 2017, 308 grants totalling € 811,000 were made to present or retired employees in need of assistance in distressed circumstances or to their children’s final education or training.
- In 2017, 144 grants totalling € 293,000 were made in support of non-profit community projects in the vicinity of the VKR Group’s companies worldwide.
Examples of grants to employees made in 2017:
- Aid in connection with Parkinson’s disease to an employee in Hungary.
- Aid to enable an employee’s child in Denmark to remain at a special school for children with severe dyslexia.
- Aid to fertility treatment for an employee in Poland.
- Scholarships to employees’ children pursuing training to become an electrician, chemist, archaeologist, toolmaker, teacher etc.
Examples of local support in 2017:
- Football equipment to integration project in Germany
- Rescue equipment to firefighting brigade in Poland
- Instruments for orchestra in France
- Sports equipment for water polo club in Croatia
For more information and case stories click here
Between 1992 and 2017, more than 3,700 people received financial support from the Employee Foundation, either for themselves or for their families. In the same period, more than 1,800 projects within the vicinity of VKR Group companies received support.
The Employee Foundation of the VKR Group will continue its grants to support present and retired employees and their immediate families as well as the local communities in the vicinity of VKR Group companies.