Strategy and goals
The VELUX Group engages with key stakeholders in the building industry to advocate and co-create innovative solutions that balance care for people with care for natural resources and the environment.
We are one of the founding partners of the Active House Alliance, a global network of builders, researchers, designers, contractors and manufacturers who work together to realise a vision for buildings that create healthier and more comfortable lives for occupants with no negative impact on the climate.
- The VELUX Group contributed to the development of the new Active House labelling as a world-wide quality stamp for comfortable and sustainable buildings.
- In 2016, we hosted the global International VELUX Award for Students of Architecture, encouraging students to explore daylight in concrete buildings and in conceptual projects.
- Every second year (most recently in 2015), we host the VELUX Daylight Symposium, inviting researchers, scientists and building professionals from around the world to immerse themselves in aspects of daylight and architecture.
- Twice a year, we publish the magazine Daylight & Architecture, inspiring practicing architects and researchers to explore and work with daylight as one of the most fundamental parameters of architecture.
- Through the VELUX Knowledge Centre for Daylight, Energy and Indoor Climate (DEIC), we share knowledge of and tools for affordable, healthy and sustainable building practices, with a special focus on windows, shading and controls.
- The hotel and conference centre Green Solution House in Denmark won the 2016 Active House labelling contest. Green Solution House was developed in close cooperation with the VELUX Group.
- 5,000 students from 97 countries registered for the International VELUX Award 2016 for Students of Architecture; 587 projects were submitted; ten regional winners and two global winners were declared and celebrated.
- Continue to grow the awareness of the Active House vision and principles.
- Co-host the 2017 Active House General Assembly and Conference.
- Host the VELUX Daylight Symposium 2017 in Berlin in May to explore the theme Healthy and Climate Friendly Architecture – from Knowledge to Practice.