The Second World War left war-torn Europe devastated and divided. With financial aid from the USA and increased productivity in the region, West Germany in particular experienced a significant boost in its economy. Its ‘economic miracle’ (Wirtschaftswunder) was to play a key role in the VELUX Group’s earnings over the coming years.
In 1952, with the help of an employee who was fluent in German, Villum Kann Rasmussen formed a partnership with Ernst Günter Albers, the owner of the joinery E. Albers & v. Drathen (ALDRA) in Meldorf, West Germany. Together, they established VELUX GmbH Bauzubehör.